These quaint, cozy cottages contain all the charm of yesteryears, while boasting of the comfort and ease of every modern day convenience. We are nestled in the center of the Cavendish Beach Resort area, next to a large, popular, family fun park and within a few steps of many other entertainment attractions and amenities that include restaurants, shops, golf courses and Cavendish Beach less than five minutes away.
We are passionate about maintaining Avonlea's original charm and character, while continuing to update amenities to meet, or even surpass, the expectations of today’s travelers. A plan is in place to create and promote an in depth, children’s games project that will provide health, fitness and fun activities for children, while adding other activities for couples and friends, in order to ensure that all types of travelers have an enjoyable, relaxing and memorable vacation experience.
Many travelers arriving as guests, have found themselves leaving as friends and have returned, year after year to spend their vacation at Avonlea Cottages. Drawn back by the delightful charms of Avonlea, one such family has faithfully returned every Summer over 20 years.
Come visit our charming Avonlea Cottages, relax and reminisce for awhile, of a magical, bygone era, in the fictional village of Avonlea, written about in Lucy Maud Montgomery’s turn of the century novels and believed to be her much beloved, Cavendish, Perhaps you may even find yourself becoming a kindred spirit of a memory and experience you will never leave behind when it’s time to depart for home.
Getting to places from Avonlea cottages
- Shining Water Family Fun park (30 m) : It is next door to the right
- Liquor/ Souvenir/ Corner Store (70 m) : It’s across the Cavendish Road(Hwy6)
- Chez Yvonne’s Restaurant (200m): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd- go 300m on the left, Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Daily
- Nearest Tim Hortons(300m) :Turn right on to Cavendish Rd; Also Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Miniature Golf same as above, by Tim Hortons
- Sandspit Amusement Park (400m): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd(Hwy 6)
- Dollar Store/ Bakery (400m): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd(Hwy6)
- COWs Ice Cream/ Cavendish Boardwalk(1km): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd(Hwy6). The best shopping experience on Prince Edward Island and the opportunity to taste COWS Ice Cream and other great foods from Fish and Chips to Pizza, then you must visit Cavendish Boardwalk.
- Avonlea village (1km): Turn right on to Cavendish Rd(Hwy6) Authentic Island Food, Hospitality and Music in a Beautiful Place. There is no entrance fee to Avonlea Village. With 5 different restaurants and COW Ice Cream on site, there are Piatto Pizzeria, MOO MOO Grilled Cheese,Dave's Lobster, Samuels Coffee House and Red Island Baked Potato.
- Green Gables(1.5 km)Turn right on to Cavendish Rd(Hwy6) – go 1.5km. where images from the blockbuster 1908 novel blend with the real life experiences of local author Lucy Maud Montgomery who drew inspiration from the idyllic farmstead and its red woodland pathways.
- Closest Beach, Prince Edward National Park(3.5km)
- Golf Courses: Green Gable Golf Course(1.8km) : Turn right on to Cavendish Rd go 1km; Eagles Glenn Golf course(1.8 km): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd go 230m, turn left on to Eagles Glenn Blvd go 1.5km; Anderson’s Creek Golf Course(7km): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd go 5km, turn left on to Rte 224 go 2km; Glasgow Hills Golf Club(13km): Turn right on to Cavendish Rd go 1.7km, turn right on to Rte 13- go 10 km, turn right on to New London Rd go 1 km, turn right on to Glasgow Hill Dive ;
- Stanley Bridge Marine Aquarium & Gift Shop (6km): Turn left on to Cavendish Rd go 5.5km, turn right on to St Mary’s Rd go 500m;
- North Rustico Harbour / Fishing Village (10km): Turn right on to Cavendish Rd go 8km, turn left on to Harbourview Drive go 2km;
- Brackley Beach (nicest beaches in PEI) 27km: